Tuesday, June 18, 2013

{Adventures In} Wedding Day Emergency Kits

As one of my gifts to my best friend for her bridal shower, I decided to make her a wedding day emergency kit. Most day-of coordinator's will have a fully stocked kit at their disposal, but she decided against hiring one since her venue has mostly everything on site - except someone with an emergency kit. So what did I do? Hit up the travel section at Target and filled up a basket with all of these goodies!


I didn't want to put these items in a clear tupperware box and call it a day. I wanted something that was more personal as well as something she can use forever. I found these adorable personalized bags at WeddingChicks.com - I had such a hard time choosing the style I liked best. Best part, it was only $10, plus the cost of shipping! I eventually chose this one and think it came out amazing!

The last thing I included was a note to explain what I had put together. (So it didn't look like I scavenged the travel bins at Target for fun). I found this poem on Weddingbee and changed it up a bit to match items that I had included.
This Survival Kit was made just to say,
I'm thrilled I'm beside you on your wedding day!
There's trail mix to give you that sugar high
and a packet of tissues in case you should cry.
Chapstick to help you care for your smile,
If a nail should break, I've included a file.
There is Shout if you should spill on your dress
and Altoids to keep your breath minty fresh.
There's Advil and Tums if it's ill that you feel
and Band-aids to help you tackle high heels. 
I've put everything in this handy pack
so you'll know that this bridesmaid has got your back!
This kit was created so that you can see 
how much you mean to me,
your Matron-of-Honor to be!
I wish I had taken a picture of the kit, complete with the poem, but it didn't happen. #blogfail. I hope this helps you ladies put together your Day-Of Wedding Emergency Kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs